Real Estate Investment Certificate
Develop practical, real-world knowledge and skills for investing in real estate. Through this professional graduate certificate, you become familiar with a wide range of real estate asset types while learning how to analyze markets, value assets, raise capital through debt and equity financing, and gaining other essential skills for a real estate investment career.
Key learning outcomes
- Insight on various investment opportunities through an understanding of land uses; the forces that drive property values; the life cycles of buildings and neighborhoods; how cities develop and change over time, and the real estate cycle.
- Hands-on experience creating financial models, analyzing cash flows, determining values, and measuring economic returns of real estate investments.
- Understanding of investment capital through a variety of debt and equity partnership structures.
- Knowledge of the tools of investment strategy, decision-making, risk mitigation, and enterprise management.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Earning the Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Real Estate Investment requires four courses:
- Principles of Real Estate (required course)
- Real Estate Finance and Investment (required course)
- Real Estate Enterprise Management (required course)
- Electives (choose one course from select group)
Courses taken before the 2015–16 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.